Wednesday 13 January 2010

Well I had intended putting a picture of our new roller blind just finished with a little help from himself, however I got a little diverted by a beautiful Orchid which has just come into bloom. This was bought as a birthday gift June 2008 for me and it flowered continually for around 12 months. After a few months rest it has blossomed again.
Anyway back to the blind. Having looked around at the prices for a 2mtr roller blind (and the 365 day challenge) I decided to buy the material from ebay (£17.50) and have a go at making my own. We cannibalised the existing blind and a few hours later a new dotty blue and white blind. Unique and a third of the price.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blind and what a wonderful orchid. I was just reading a French guide to orchids and it said that getting orchids to re-flower was 'best left to the experts'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Floss,
    Hope all is well with you in France. My expert is good old baby bio orchid feed and a 1/2 litre water bottle which I keep under the sink. I refill it after feeding the plants. Refill with tap water which is then used the following week. (Orchids don't like fresh tap water). It really is that simple. Oh and they are in a south facing window with my beautiful french lace panels protecting them from direct sun.

    ReplyDelete