Saturday 15 January 2011

Swaps

I have just completed my first swap on Ravelry.  I must admit it was a little stressful.  I wasn't sure what to send.  Swaps seem to come with all different rules and ideas depending which group you join.  Ours was simple value up to £5. (hence the swap name Cheap as Chips) A list of swappers is made up by the co-ordinater and you send a parcel to the person on the list above you.  I had a great parcel from Shelley.  She really though my gift through, with a little help from my April Cottage blog managed to send several very useful gifts.  I think this could be quite addictive.  Thank once again to Shelley.

2 comments:

  1. Swaps ARE addictive . . . that is the bad side. The good side is you meet, and get to know, people from all over the world. I have met, and became friends with women from Australia, Scotland, England and Italy.

    I just hate the fact that it costs so much to send international. I would SO like to pamper my international friends more :0{

    If you would like, come visit our little group, Itsy Bitsy Swap and Chat, and see what we are doing :0}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting into Raverly, now we have a group on there. BUT I've dipped in before but 'never stayed' unfortunately. I'm hoping I shall get use to it.
    Your swap is perfect....Have fun with the yarn. I hope you had a nice weekend. It's very wet here this evening, still we are lucky compared to others around the world!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete